The Portable VersaPulley is an inertial flywheel-training device that is used is many different applications such as by universities, therapists, and trainers to prepare their athletes for the highest levels of competition. What differentiates the VersaPulley from its competitors is it's ability to perform exercises in both a horizontal and vertical application. What this this allows is its users to train at any load, speed, and in any plane within an infinite amount of exercise variation.
In most team sports and especially in hockey, players are required to repeatedly perform short, explosive, efforts such as accelerations and decelerations during changes of direction. The capacity to dissipate the forces during abrupt deceleration (breaking ability) is critical to injury prevention, while the ability to decelerate and accelerate in a short period of time (reactive strength) is paramount to enhanced performance.
The VersaPulley is designed to create those moments of eccentric overload, allowing the athlete to be exposed to these stresses in a non-impact, concentrically driven and eccentrically overloaded environment. VersaPulley accomplishes this using its patented MV2 technology – resistance-generating rotating inertial flywheel.
The PVP Portable VersaPulley picks up where traditional gravity-based weights, chains, bands, air-powered machines stop. While all of these methods are important to the training, rehabilitation, and reconditioning of athletes, these methods offer mostly constant concentric and eccentric load in exercises emphasizing vertical actions. They rarely encompass horizontal/lateral actions offering eccentric overload – which is exactly why the VersaPulley was developed.
- The Porable VersaPulley is light weight and has a compact design for ease of mobility whether used off-ice or on other surfaces such as on the field or in the court training by simply securing with adjustable straps or field stakes.
- The VersaPulley is quick and easy to attach to anything secure using the included ratchet-style tethering straps. This makes it easy to use in most sports training environments.
- While the PVP weighs just 70 lbs, its patented technology can produce up uo 800 lbs. of explosive force resistance.
- The Portable VersaPulley combines speed, power and functional mobility through any range of motion with accommodating inertial resistance at any speed.
- MV2 is an Infinitely Variable Cam using inertial resistance that automatically generates a responsive resistance to exercise. This form of resistance is user defined and automatically loads the muscles for explosive movements, through the full range of motion, to match the capability of the user.
- With responsive resistance there are no weights to select or change.
- Automatically produces an explosive resistive force that matches the capability of any user from the first to the last repetition.
- Each rep can compound on the next for unlimited Force/Speed production.
- Exceptional inertial loading for superior eccentric resistance that bands and air equipment fail to provide.
- Easily decrease or add weights on fly wheel in opposed pairs directly across from each other. For faster speeds remove weights or to increase force & power output add more weights. By selecting 1 of 3 settings you can customize the speed to force ratio.