The patented 2-piece dynamic core technology is the only hockey training ball engineered to accurately simulate the weight, bounce, slide and contact height of an ice hockey puck so players can transition from off-ice training to on-ice play without noticing a difference.
The solid core covered with a hard covered shell eliminates any pliancy or "smushing" of the ball between the stick and the training surface. At 4.5 oz (128 g) the physics considers the "incremental weight" caused by the friction of off-ice training surfaces simulating the weight of a 6 oz puck. The combination of the shell and proprietary core matches the "dull" bounce of a puck's vulcanized rubber. The tear resistant Surlyn shell rolls as quickly as a puck slides on a fresh sheet of ice. Finally, the diameter of the ball is 2.18" making the height at which it contacts the stick 1.09" which is less than one tenth of an inch higher than an ice hockey puck. Warm up before games and practices or train in your garage, basement, on a tennis court, basketball court, paved street or driveway. As the name suggests, it's the only ball players can use for stickhandling, shooting and passing drills.
- Perfect for developing lightning quick hands for puck control, shooting and passing.
- Tricks the player’s muscle memory into thinking they are working with an ice hockey puck.
- Matches the bounce, weight, height and slide of an ice hockey puck.
- Compensates for the extra friction of off-ice surfaces by being just slightly lighter than an ice hockey puck to.
- Has the same “dead” feeling of an ice hockey puck against your stick.
- Doesn't suffer from any pliancy or "smushing" of the ball between the stick and the skating surface whether you’re training on a tennis court, basketball court, paved street, driveway or down in your basement.